Saturday, February 16, 2013

No Fear

Do you experience fear?  When do you experience it the most?  Is it during stressful times or do certain events bring you fear?  For me, I used to have a lot of fear at night.  There was never a traumatic event that happened at night that caused the fear, but when I was a child (around 10 or 11 years old) I began having terrible nightmares.  The fear at night never left me from that point on.    A few years ago, I had the opportunity to be prayed over by a team and we prayed against the source of that fear.  I've had peace at night ever since then.  Don't get me wrong; every now and then that fear tries to creep back but I can pray against it and ask God to put peace in my heart.  You see, fear is not from God but from our enemy.  That is why when I saw this verse published in a magazine recently, I chose this for my memory verse.

"When you lie down, you will not be afraid; when you lie down, your sleep will be sweet."  Proverbs 3:24 (NLT)

Here is the context of the verse (it is wonderful!):

My son, do not let wisdom and understanding out of your sight,
preserve sound judgment and discretion;
they will be life for you,
an ornament to grace your neck.
Then you will go on your way in safety,
and your foot will not stumble.
When you lie down, you will not be afraid;
when you lie down, your sleep will be sweet.
Have no fear of sudden disaster
or of the ruin that overtakes the wicked,
for the Lord will be at your side
and will keep your foot from being snared.  Proverbs 3:21-26
When we are walking in God's direction, we know that He will give us the wisdom we need if we ask for it.  Notice the author of this proverb says to not let wisdom and understanding out of your sight.  We keep these things in our sight when we keep our eyes on God.  We do not need to have fear because God is with us.  No matter what is going on, we have our Creator with us!  Take comfort and have peace with that thought today.

This post is linked with Spiritual Sundays.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Sharon
    I am over via Charlotte's! What a monster fear can be, whispering lies the whole time trying to get us to doubt our Pappa's goodness and love. I am glad that you have found the secret to stand against him!
    Much love
    Mia

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! I love hearing your feedback.