Monday, February 25, 2013

Riches

Today starts the fourth week of my church's eight week journey in the Community Bible Experience, takes us from Romans 8 through the end of Romans.  It is impossible for me to write out everything that is found in these verses in a blog post; however, I have been attempting to share my thoughts on themes that stand out to me during my reading.  At the time of writing today's post, I haven't had a chance to complete the reading for the day, but I read through Romans 11.  Last Friday, I read through the middle of Romans 8 and read Paul's amazing and compelling case for salvation through grace.  He explained that grace was a gift to us not based on any ability to follow the law (works), but grace through belief.  He showed us that our belief in God's salvation through Jesus is what pours His grace so lavishly on us.

But the verses I want to share with you this morning is Romans 11:33-36 (NIV) that have sung such great joy to my heart this morning.
"Oh, the depth of the riches of the wisdom and knowledge of God!
How unsearchable his judgments,
and his paths beyond tracing out!
'Who has known the mind of the Lord?
Or who has been his counselor?'
'Who has ever given to God,
that God should repay them?'
For from Him and through Him and for Him are all things.
To Him be the glory forever! Amen."
No matter what, we need to remember that only God fully understands His plan and knows what is best.  We cannot ever know the mind of God because it is so far beyond us.  There is nothing we could ever do or give to God that would merit a repayment from God.  Oh, how great God's riches are; full of wisdom and knowledge!  They are so far beyond us, yet God shares them with us!  Does that humble you a bit?

Are you amazed at the greatness of God?  Are you humbled by "the depth of the riches of the wisdom and knowledge of God?"

This post is linked with Sharing His Beauty.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! I love hearing your feedback.