Friday, March 29, 2013

CBE Wrap Up

Well...eight weeks later, we've made it through the New Testament!  If you have been following along with me through the Community Bible Experience, I hope you have been as blessed as I have by reading through the entire New Testament in such a short amount of time.  For me, it has been wonderful to take a break from looking at a small amount of scripture at a time to take the time to look at the New Testament with a broader view.  What new things I saw by taking this bigger picture!  And now my head is filled with so many things I want to back and look at even more.  I truly hope that is the same for you.  The Bible is so rich with treasure that God desperately wants to share with you - you just need to open it up and spend some time with your Creator.

If you fell behind in your reading and didn't finish; don't give up!  It is worth finishing - even reading the stuff that's hard to understand.  Don't forget, God will reveal to you what you need to know right when you need to know it.  You just need to be open to listening to His truth.  And if you didn't follow along with the Community Bible Experience, I hope you would consider reading through the New Testament and get such an incredible picture of grace, mercy, forgiveness, and love.

My greatest hope for you is that this just made you want to read the Bible.  Don't forget - it is alive and will change your life!

"For the word of God is alive and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart."  Hebrews 4:12 (NIV)

Today is Good Friday - a day when we remember the unimaginable sacrifice that Jesus made for us all.  This is God's plan so He can extend mercy to the entire world.  The victory of Jesus' resurrection three days later is where we stake our hope.  He is risen!

This post is linked with Faith Filled Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! I love hearing your feedback.