Monday, June 10, 2013

Unprepared

Up until yesterday, I honestly wasn't sure what I was going to study next.  I don't like being in that kind of situation because even though I have been known to procrastinate, I really prefer to have a plan.  So, when I wrote my last post for the book of Matthew on Friday, I wanted to tell you what was coming next but I just didn't have a clue.  Then the sermon I heard yesterday made me realize what God was leading me to.  In fact, the last post I wrote on Matthew also leads perfectly in to my next study.  The sermon from yesterday was titled "Unprepared," which is a word I'm sure all of us know and understand.  There is just nothing worse than walking into a situation feeling unprepared.  I find the irony not at all coincidental that I was feeling unprepared to write this post over the weekend, yet that is exactly where God is leading me: unprepared.

I'm not saying that we can throw caution to the wind and not prepare for anything, but what I am saying is that often God calls us to something that we feel completely unprepared for.  For example, my husband and I are leading a mission team for the first time and it is a very humbling place to be.  We will prepare as best we can by praying for ourselves and for the entire team and we will meet with our team weekly leading up to the trip and we will do all things, but when all is said and done it will still be our first time going as a leader.  But with that said, I also know that God is with us and He will give us what we need right when we need it.

The sermon this weekend was even on the same verses I blogged about on Friday:  Matthew 28:16-20!  It was such a wonderful reminder and confirmation of where I felt God leading me with those verses.  We are called to go and make disciples and no matter how much or little knowledge we have, God has us prepared for where we are right now.  So, this study that I am starting will be a journey throughout the Old and New Testament looking at individuals whose lives were changed because God called them to something they felt unprepared for.  I'm pretty excited about this because I know that we will all walk away inspired to do what we have been called to do in this very moment.

For we are God’s masterpiece. He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so we can do the good things he planned for us long ago. Ephesians 2:10
Are you feeling unprepared?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! I love hearing your feedback.