Friday, July 19, 2013

All Are Called

This has been a tough week for me - I've been juggling a lot of stuff!  None of it is hugely time consuming; however, there is a lot of it, so it has seemed overwhelming.  A lot of this is because as I have been writing this study, "Unprepared," God has been preparing my heart for going to Zambia.  I've been there before, I understand what cultural things I will be experiencing; the big difference is that my husband and I are leading the team and that is a whole different experience.  We are also taking our entire family.  It is an awesome opportunity and our team is amazing; however, there are a lot more things on my list as I prepare my family and team.  But do you see the slight problem in that statement?  It really isn't me or my husband preparing my family and team - it is God!  And I think that is an important reality that we all need to remember as we step out into something new with God.  The very fact that it seems overwhelming and bigger than us is because it is.  This is so we can see God at work and we get to participate!

With that said, one of my favorite section of scriptures is on my heart this morning.  Please use the link and read Ephesians 2:1-10.  Don't you think those verses are an incredible reminder for us when we are overwhelmed?  Who we are today has absolutely nothing to do with us; it has everything to do with God!  That is a truth that we can hang on to when we are overwhelmed because we no longer need to rely on our abilities to get the job done; we can fully and completely rely on God to work through us to get the job done.  Think about the people we have looked at so far in this study.  Before their call, none of them were doing anything extraordinary; however, when they chose to believe God and follow Him, He used them in ways that seemed impossible for them.  It had nothing to do with them - it had everything to do with God.

So, when you are having a week like I've had and feel overwhelmed with the tasks set before you, remember that it isn't done with your strength, it is done with God's.  Praise God it isn't done with my strength!  Ephesians 2:8-10 (NIV) says, "For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith— and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— not by works, so that no one can boast. For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do."  We are God's handiwork, His masterpiece.  He created us in Christ Jesus to do His work, which He has planned for us long ago.  That is the truth to remember.  It isn't anything we've done, it is everything He has done through Jesus!

Feeling overwhelmed by your call?  Do you believe that God has created you for this moment?

This post is linked with Faith Filled Friday.

2 comments:

  1. Having been on and then leading a trip to Kenya I can totally relate! I think God calls us to do the impossible so that it's obvious when we succeed that the credit does not belong to us. Blessings on your upcoming trip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sharon, such a great reminder to lean upon the Strength of Christ our LORD...and never to lean upon our own strength or our own understand~ Very good~ ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! I love hearing your feedback.