Friday, August 9, 2013

Prayers for the Sick




About a week before leaving for Zambia, I was telling a friend about how God healed my son's infection.  I told her how I was planning to take him to the doctor (again) because the antibiotic didn't seem to be working, in fact the infection looked as though it had spread.  I explained that as I was praying that morning, God told me to lay hands on him.  So, I had the entire family lay hands on him and we prayed for him.  By the end of that day, the infection started to show signs of healing.  I mentioned to my friend that God probably wanted the kids to see Him work in order to prepare them for the trip.  But, what she said to me caught me off guard.

"God wanted you to experience that because you will be praying for something similar in Zambia.  I am picturing you praying for a young African boy."

Well, I wondered about that and what the circumstance would be.  I wondered if I would realize it when it was being fulfilled.  Last Wednesday, I had the opportunity to visit some children in their homes.  We met a little boy who seemed shy and then we were told by his aunt that he probably wasn't answering us because he had difficulty hearing.  He often had pus coming out of his ear and it was ruining his hearing.  The pills that they were given for him didn't seem to work.  The family was living in poverty and couldn't afford to keep taking him to the doctor.  When it came time to leave we prayed over the boy and the rest of the household.  I was specifically asked to pray.  As soon as I was asked to pray, I knew that this was the boy God said I would be praying over.

I will probably never find out, but I believe God healed him.  I believe this because God told me I would be praying for him a week and half before I ever met him.  I understand the skeptics out there because there are a lot of little African boys in Zambia; however, he was the only little boy I prayed over on the trip.  And he is the only person on the trip that I specifically prayed for healing.

"Are any of you sick? You should call for the elders of the church to come and pray over you, anointing you with oil in the name of the Lord."  James 5:14 (NLT).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! I love hearing your feedback.