Friday, September 27, 2013

Before His Throne

I have been so blessed this week reading about the lovely promises given to those who seek God's presence; those who seek to be in His dwelling.  This week has been so crazy, it has been a good reminder to me that even during a hectic time, I can seek Him and find peace.  He didn't change my schedule; however, He gave me strength and help when I needed it.  The topic this week may not have meant as much to you, or maybe it meant even more to you; but I know that it has impacted me enough that I think it may be a good topic to do more study.  Earlier this week a friend told me a quote that basically said that the promise of eternity doesn't start when we die, today is part of our eternity.  Isn't that a good reminder and a neat thought?  With that thought in mind, why wouldn't we seek God's presence?  We are told that we can boldly go before His throne because of Christ's amazing sacrifice.  Hebrew 4:14-16 (NLT) says, "So then, since we have a great High Priest who has entered heaven, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold firmly to what we believe. This High Priest of ours understands our weaknesses, for He faced all of the same testings we do, yet He did not sin. So let us come boldly to the throne of our gracious God. There we will receive His mercy, and we will find grace to help us when we need it most."  Mercy and grace is what we will find when we approach the throne of our great Father!  Today, I want to show you one more promise we will find in God's dwelling; please read Psalm 68.

Verses 5 and 6 are where I am parking today.  So many people in this world are broken and I know their brokenness started right in their families.  I know because I grew up in a broken family, and I understand how much that translates into the rest of our lives.  However, this is a promise that I clung to as a teenager and I knew that God would always be there for me.  "A Father to the fatherless, a defender of the widow..."  What an amazing promise!  You see, no matter what has happened or is happening in your family; God will be what you are missing when you boldly go before His throne.  You just need to believe that you have a right to go before His throne because of Jesus.  This promise to this inheritance is all over the Bible, when we believe in the hope we have in Christ we can boldly approach His presence.  We can be confident that "we will find grace to help us when we need it most."  That  is incredible!

We are reminded in this psalm of those graces that are available to those who seek Him: love, freedom, showers, refreshment, and provision.  But here's the thing; you have to ask and seek Him for those things and trust that you will be provided exactly what you need.  Isn't that interesting?  I think this is because God just wants us in His presence; He wants us to be with Him.

Let's go before His throne and trust in that mercy and grace that will give us exactly what we need!

This post is linked with Faith Filled Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! I love hearing your feedback.