Monday, September 30, 2013

Tell the World To Praise

In one more month, I will have reached my four year anniversary of creating this blog.  It started because I had only lived in Western New York for about a month and all my close friends were in Michigan.  I felt led to pray and fast for my family while reading through the book of Nehemiah and I needed to have people pray for me through the process.  Since I was so new in New York, I didn't have friends close enough to ask for prayer, so I asked a few friends in Michigan to pray for me and I began this blog so they could follow along with where God was taking me.  After completing the book of Nehemiah, I didn't feel that God said I was done with the blog, so I continued to write and share very publicly how God was speaking to me through my daily Bible study.  There are so many people in the world that write far better than I do; however, that is the beauty of following God's direction.  Whether or not we are the best doesn't really determine if God can use us, it is our willingness.  And I am willing to continue sharing on the internet what I am learning for a few reasons: I feel God wants me to do this right now; I believe every follower of Christ should be in the Bible every day and if sharing my journey helps people read the Bible, then I am willing to share; and I want the world to know that God is great and amazing and loves each and every one of us regardless of what we've done.  The reason I have this on my mind today is because this week I am looking at psalms that declare praises to God and today's psalm declares the importance of the world knowing God and sharing our praise to God with others.  Please use the link and read Psalm 96.

This psalms tells us to sing our praises to God because He is God.  No other reason needs to exist - He is our Creator, our Lord, our Savior, and the Giver of all good things.  We are to proclaim and sing of His salvation.  I love that even before Christ came to save all people, God was praised for His mercy and salvation; the hope of our salvation existed since the beginning of time (John 1:1)!  That is amazing!  But, here is where I have found encouragement in my journey with writing a daily post on this blog - verse 3 reminds me of the importance of what I do.  "Publish His glorious deeds among the nations.  Tell everyone about the amazing things He does." (Psalm 96:3 NLT)  I hope you notice that this isn't a suggestion; the author doesn't say, "If you feel like it, tell everyone about God."  It sounds more like he is telling us that we are to do what we can to sing our praises and tell everyone about God and the good things He does. This doesn't mean that each person is to write a book or blog or write a song; but I do believe it is very clear that our desire for God should spill out of us and bear witness to other people.

We each have a story in our life of why we believe and follow God.  We know what He has done in our lives and what He is doing today.  God wants us to share that with people to bring Him glory.

How are you sharing the work God is doing in your life?

This post is linked with Sharing His Beauty.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Sharon! Happy Anniversary to you! Four years? Wow. I have been only blogging for four months, and I keep thinking I'll run out of things to say. You have truly been called, as the Lord keeps giving you messages to proclaim.

    I also love that Psalm, and in other Psalms, we are told to 'shout' to Lord. That's pretty amazing too. I guess you could say that all bloggers shout, as they type out their messages on the computer, to all corners of the earth!

    Praise to the Lord for your encouragement, you have been very faithful to his call. Blessings!
    Ceil
    And thank you for your lovely visit to my blog today :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What beautiful encouragement! Thank you so much Ceil.

      Delete
  2. "Publish His glorious deeds...." love. i was thinking about my bloggy purpose today. and then i read this. and i feel confirmed. thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't you love how God gives us the encouragement we need for today from words "published" thousands of years ago!? That amazes me.

      Delete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! I love hearing your feedback.