Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Trust In Him

I know many children in other areas of the country have already had their first day of school (some of you started about a month ago), but today is the first day of school in our area.  This means there are many students stepping foot into their schools for the first time and so many others returning to their school.  Some are approaching their first day with excitement while others are nervous.  And I also think about all the teachers and staff at those schools; I used to work at a school and I know how crazy the first day of school can be no matter how much the school has prepared.  This morning as my husband was reading the Bible to our kids at breakfast, he read Psalm 91 and I thought that this would be a great psalm to look at this morning since so many schools across the country are starting today.  Please use the link and read Psalm 91.

All last week, I looked at different Psalms that expressed their praise to God because He is God.  I think that this is important because the more we look at our great Creator with a heart of praise, the more we want to praise Him.  The more time we spend with Him, the more we want to be with Him.  So, looking at Psalm 91 not only reminds us that God is our protector, but when we seek Him in our hearts and dwell with Him we are promised protection.  This doesn't mean that we will never face difficulties or attacks from the enemy, but we are told that attacks and difficulties will not destroy us when we put our faith in God.

When we trust in the things of this world for comfort and protection, we will receive an imperfect and inconsistent comfort and protection.  However, when we call to God in our difficulties, we will receive what is best for us and we will receive exactly what we need.  When we trust in God, we may not get what we want or expect, but we will see in hindsight that He knew what was best for us.  I think that if we are keeping a heart of praise toward God and who He is, it helps us all the more to trust in Him.  This is because as we focus on who God is, we remember that there is nothing that is greater or more powerful than Him.  He is the Creator and Life-Giver and when we can remember that we have more confidence in His protection and knowledge.

Do you focus on God's greatness?  Do you long for His presence?  Do you trust Him?

This post is linked with Soli Deo Gloria.

3 comments:

  1. Today is the first day of school for my two, as well. Last night we recited Deuteronomy 31:8, "The Lord goes before you and will be with you. He will never leave you. Do not be afraid." Back to school is a great test of trust for both kids and parents. It is a comfort to know He goes before us in all that we do.

    Christy @ A Heartening Life
    www.ahearteninglife.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the name of your Blog...that is something we keep repeating to our sons all the time and we especially did this morning as they left for school at a new school...it was hard, but they are in God's care and we must trust in that truth. thank you so much for sharing. I long for His presence and I long for complete trust in Him, I long for that peace that transcends all understanding.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praise makes trust easy...I like that. Sometimes my head forgets what my heart knows--He's trustworthy and knows just what we need.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! I love hearing your feedback.