Friday, October 4, 2013

Just Praise!

I am finishing up my look at the book of Psalms.  In seven weeks, there is no way to read each psalm if I am only looking at one a day; however, I know that I was greatly blessed from the psalms that I looked at.  What a wonderful seven week journey this has been and I know that I have grown in my faith walk as a result of the declarations of faith and truth that were penned thousands of years ago by gifted writers.  Through this journey I experienced a fresh reminder of promises that God has given to those who call Him their God; promises we can all claim through Christ.  I was also given reminders of different ways we can lift praises up to God and how our acts of praise adds beauty to our world.  I was even given encouragement and refreshment through a very tiring and busy week with reminders to seek God's presence in everything.  I hope you experienced God's love and refreshment if you journeyed along with me.

I want to close this study with a Psalm that expresses how we can and should be remembering to praise God all the time:  Psalm 150 (NIV):
Praise the Lord.

Praise God in his sanctuary;
praise him in his mighty heavens.
Praise him for his acts of power;
praise him for his surpassing greatness.
Praise him with the sounding of the trumpet,
praise him with the harp and lyre,
praise him with timbrel and dancing,
praise him with the strings and pipe,
praise him with the clash of cymbals,
praise him with resounding cymbals.

Let everything that has breath praise the Lord.

Praise the Lord.
May God bless you as you seek to praise Him more!

This post is linked with Faith Filled Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! I love hearing your feedback.