Thursday, October 10, 2013

Timing

These last few mornings have been a bit out of the ordinary in my home.  Some of it is because I haven't slept well and I'm moving a little slower, and then my schedule was just a little different.  What that means is that I haven't had a chance to write my first week of the "Entering His Rest" study.  That's fine.  Something I've learned is that God's timing is always best and if He has something specific for me to learn next week, then all the better!  With that said, since I've already missed two days this week, I'll get started next week on my new study focus and today and tomorrow I'll write a few posts similar to what I used to do every now and then on Saturdays.

I was a little unhappy not being able to dig into my study this week; however, when I decided this morning to see what the verse of the day was on Bible Gateway I was so blessed with the reminder that it is God who makes my plans and not me.  I guess He knew I would need that confirmation today!  Here is the verse of the day from Biblegateway.com:

"Listen to advice and accept discipline, and at the end you will be counted among the wise.  Many are the plans in a person’s heart, but it is the Lord’s purpose that prevails."  Proverbs 19:20-21 (NIV)

What a wonderful reminder for my heart this morning!  I can make all the plans in the world, but I really do want God's purpose for me.  I think that this is also a comforting reminder that even when things seem out of control in our world (like the government shut down) it is God and His purpose that will prevail.  We can plan our lives away; however, it is God's plans that will prevail in the end.  Knowing this, it makes sense to surrender our plans and preference to God's otherwise we will be fighting something that is only going to prevail anyway.  Yes, God allows us to make our own decisions; but if we refuse to let His purpose win out in our lives He will find someone else to do His work.  I don't know about you, but I would much rather be working with the One whose plans are going to win out in the end.

Let's pray this morning that our hearts will always be in alignment with His perfect and wonderful purpose.

1 comment:

  1. Sharon, I logged on this morning from Las Vegas and was blessed to read your post as I start an author's conference out here today! I too want God's purpose for me to prevail, not my own plans! I don't want Him to find someone else to do the work He has planned for me! God bless~ I'll be in touch when I get back! Keep writing! Love you~ @

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! I love hearing your feedback.