Monday, October 14, 2013

Today

There are things that we have to do even if we did it the day before.  We have to take another breath even if we took one seconds ago, otherwise our heart will stop beating.  We have to go to work even if we went to work yesterday, otherwise we will get fired.  Some of these things are not dependent on how many times we did it before, we just have to keep doing it.  If my family told me they were hungry at dinnertime, my response really can't be, "Well, I made you dinner yesterday.  You shouldn't need more dinner today!"  It doesn't matter whether we like it or not, there are just some things where decisions and choices have to be made daily, some every moment of every day.  As I begin to explore entering God's presence, I want to look at Psalm 95 where it expresses the importance of living out our faith each and every day.  Please use the link and read Psalm 95.

Notice that as we read through this psalm, we see several calls to worship of our great God.  But then, it ends with a warning: "Today, if only you would hear His voice..."  Notice that the author didn't say, "It is good that you heard His voice yesterday."  It is good if we listened to Him yesterday, but it is just as important that we choose to listen and obey today.  Living out our faith with Him is a daily choice; what we did yesterday matters for yesterday and what we do today is important right now.  Just because we used to read the Bible and pray regularly in the past doesn't mean that we are where God wants us today.  We need to keep up in our faith walk and spend time with Him every day and choose that we will live that day for Him.

What choices are you making today?

This post is linked with Sharing His Beauty.

1 comment:

  1. I am learning to hear his voice throughout all my day - it makes the biggest difference. I am so glad He wants me to hear Him, to spend time with Him - thank you for sharing this on my Monday:)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! I love hearing your feedback.