Friday, November 29, 2013

Wrap Up - Entering Rest

Yesterday was such a nice day!  We spent most of the day taking it easy and being with each other.  We went to spend Thanksgiving with some friends later in the day, so I prepared the couple of dishes I was bringing.  It was a very easy and restful day!  It was so nice to spend such an easy day with our family and then to finish off the day with friends.  Just think, God's rest will be even better!  As I wrap up my "Entering Rest" study, it makes me think of how amazing it will be to be in the rest God promises for all who follow Him.  I want to go to where we started seven weeks ago and remind us of Hebrews 4:1 (NIV), "Therefore, since the promise of entering His rest still stands, let us be careful that none of you be found to have fallen short of it."  I would like to throw out the reality that none of can fully comprehend what this rest will be like, but I know that it will be better than any rest here on earth could possibly be like!

Some things that God has made very clear throughout these seven weeks are:

  • The promise for His rest still stands.
  • We need each other to help motivate us to keep from falling into sin.
  • We need the Holy Spirit to empower us on this journey.
  • When facing temptation, God gives us what we need to be victorious.
  • When we can remember the great prize that lies before us, we can be motivated to press on - even in the face of temptation.
  • When we remember and are thankful for all the Christ has done for us, we will be motivated to continue on in obedience.
I hope all of my U.S. readers enjoyed Thanksgiving with family and friends and took the time to reflect on what God has done for them.

This Sunday marks the beginning of Advent, so I would like to spend the next few weeks looking at verses that remind us of why we celebrate Christmas.  I hope you join me and take time during this busy season to remember the great hope we have in Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! I love hearing your feedback.