My hope on my blog is to help us all get re-focused on Christmas and the amazing gift we have been given in Christ. I pray that it isn't just a nice thought to have while reading the blog but that God will help us turn our eyes to Him even when our days are busy. I pray that through our busyness, we will remember why we are busy - we celebrating the birth of our Savior. I will be looking at three different topics - a reminder of who Jesus is, prophecy about Jesus, and the stories leading up to the birth of Jesus. Today, I thought looking at who Jesus is would be a great start to this Advent season. Please use the link and read Hebrews 1:1-4.
These verses are such a powerful description of who Jesus is. There are some truths found in these verses that we can meditate on throughout our day:
- God speaks to us through Jesus rather than only through prophets.
- God has given Jesus everything.
- Everything was created through Jesus.
- Jesus radiates God's glory.
- Jesus expresses the very character of God.
- Jesus sustains everything.
- Jesus cleansed us from our sins.
- Jesus sits at the right hand of God - a place of honor.
- Jesus is greater than the angels.
- Jesus' name is greater than the angels' names.
That is a lot of truth packed in four verses! Each point in and of itself shows us why we worship our incredible Savior. Take time today to choose just one or two of these truths to thank God for the awesome gift we have in Jesus.
This post is linked with Sharing His Beauty.