Wednesday, December 18, 2013

God With Us

Do you believe our God is with us?  Do you believe we were not put on this earth to fend for ourselves?  Do you believe that God cares for us?  I do!  I know that He gave us purpose and is with us every step of the way.  I couldn't possibly list in this post every reason why I know that God loves us and we are so precious to Him, but I can show one reason why I know this to be true.  There is a lot of prophecy about Jesus in the Old Testament and I am looking at what we are told about Jesus in Isaiah 7:14 (NLT).  "All right then, the Lord Himself will give you the sign. Look! The virgin will conceive a child! She will give birth to a son and will call him Immanuel (which means ‘God is with us’)."  God is with us!

God spoke the reality that He is with us through the prophecy about Jesus.  I know that was specifically spoken about Jesus walking this earth as a human; however, I also know what Jesus promised when He ascended into Heaven.  He promised us the Holy Spirit, which is also God.  He promised that we would be comforted, empowered, and gifted by the Holy Spirit.  While I cannot even imagine what it was like the night that our Savior was born as a human, I know that He did not come only to abandon us 33 years later.  He is still with us!

This Christmas, we have so much for which to give thanks!  God sent us our hope for eternal life, but He also sent us what we need to continue learning and growing in Him.  Remember as we celebrate the birth of Christ that we are celebrating the birth of life change.  We are celebrating that the promise of life is given to anyone who chooses to believe in Jesus.

Do you believe our God is with us?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! I love hearing your feedback.