Some things that God has made very clear throughout these seven weeks are:
- The promise for His rest still stands.
- We need each other to help motivate us to keep from falling into sin.
- We need the Holy Spirit to empower us on this journey.
- When facing temptation, God gives us what we need to be victorious.
- When we can remember the great prize that lies before us, we can be motivated to press on - even in the face of temptation.
- When we remember and are thankful for all the Christ has done for us, we will be motivated to continue on in obedience.
I hope all of my U.S. readers enjoyed Thanksgiving with family and friends and took the time to reflect on what God has done for them.
This Sunday marks the beginning of Advent, so I would like to spend the next few weeks looking at verses that remind us of why we celebrate Christmas. I hope you join me and take time during this busy season to remember the great hope we have in Christ.