Tuesday, January 28, 2014

A New Planting

My husband and I once had a neighbor that loved his lawn.  Every day he was out doing some kind of work on his lawn and it was an incredible looking lawn!  One day we noticed his backyard grass had turned yellow and seemed that it was burnt from the fertilizer.  I have to admit, while I enjoy working in my garden, I know very little about keeping a lawn looking nice.  All I know is if that had happened to my lawn, it would have probably grown over with weeds.  But our neighbor knew what he was doing and replanted and within a few weeks he had a lush, green lawn in his backyard.  Don't ask me what he did...when I've tried to fill a few holes in our lawn and put fresh soil in and plant seed, it has never produced the results he got on his lawn.  Today, as I consider how God heals and rebuilds our lives after facing what should have destroyed us, there are some verses I came across in the book of Psalms I want you to look at.  Please use the link and read Psalm 126:4-6.

As I read these verses, I realize how I have lived the truth found in them!  I know what it is like to be hurting from something terrible.  I know what it is like to move forward with God and wondering how I will ever see anything good come from what I've faced.  But then, I also know what it is like to see the incredible harvest that God produced and the joy that fills my heart when I think of the healing only He could provide.  I also see how my faith has been strengthened by seeing how God provides exactly what I need in the moment that I need it.  It is not easy going through our hurts and giving our problems over to God.  It really does seem like we are bending over with tears planting one seed after another in a field that seems to have no end.  But trust me, when we do what God tells us to do the results are amazing.

You may be wondering how you can know what you are supposed to do in order to reap an amazing harvest and I want to remind you that if you are a follower of Jesus you have the Holy Spirit living in you.  The Holy Spirit provides His instruction that is perfect and is always what is best.  He speaks to us through the Bible and through prayer.  He speaks to us through other people.  Surround yourself with other believers and God will use them to speak His truth in your life.  When all is said and done, you will understand what God wants for your life.  In Isaiah, we are reminded that it is God who shows us the right way to do what we are to do.  Please use the link and read Isaiah 28:24-29 and see how God shows us what we are to be planting in our hearts.  He will always work with us and give us our next instruction.

Do you trust God's instruction on what you should be planting in your heart?  Do you believe that He can and will turn your tears into a harvest of joy?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! I love hearing your feedback.