Thursday, January 2, 2014

Renew

I hope all of you had a blessed time with family and friends during the past week.  Maybe you even had a time of relaxing.  My family had a wonderful time visiting with my husband's family, which is the first time we've been able to spend Christmas with everyone for several years!  My brother-in-law enjoyed rubbing his fantasy football victory in the rest of our faces (although my family enjoyed a Packers victory over the Bears).  We had fun, but now we are home and my kiddos were sent back to school today.  Time to go back to work and get back into our regular routine.  It is a new year and so many people have made resolutions that they hope to keep throughout the year.  But there is a wonderful thought in my head: renew.  Instead of creating goals that are noble but out of reach; how about we focus on God's renewal?  Why don't we return to something good that we once did and strive to make it a regular part of our lives?  Maybe that means getting back into a routine of reading the Bible or prayer.  Maybe it means getting back in touch with your neighbors or community.  What good and healthy part of your life have you set aside and need to bring back?

I'm not going to write a ton today, but I am meditating on this verse:  "Create in me a pure heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me." (Psalm 51:10, NIV).  The Hebrew word translated as steadfast is "kuwn."  Kuwn means: "to be firm, be stable, be established" (see footnote 1).  When we pray this verse into our lives, we are asking God to renew a spirit that is firm, stable, and established in Him.  What a wonderful prayer to pray into our lives.  What a wonderful way to start a new year!  That is a great renewal and one that I will be praying into my life this year.

What do you want God to renew in your life?

This post is linked with Thought Provoking Thursday.

1. Hebrew Lexicon :: H3559 (NIV). Retrieved from http://www.blueletterbible.org/lang/lexicon/lexicon.cfm?Strongs=H3559&t=NIV

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! I love hearing your feedback.