Friday, January 3, 2014

Restore

School has been canceled today for cold weather and two out of three kiddos are still asleep.  This means I have a bonus day to spend with my family!  But this also means a bonus day to get the things done that I really don't want to do (but I really need to do).  Either today or tomorrow I will be taking down the Christmas tree and all the Christmas decorations and restore my living room to its usual state.  I really like having the tree up with all its lights; however, I have to admit that there is a wonderful feeling to having my home back to normal.  With the new year on us, I took a look yesterday at the idea of God renewing things in our lives that need a fresh perspective.  Today, I want to consider another word: restore.  What do you think of when you hear the word restore?  Restoration?

Growing up, my mom would take some time each Saturday morning watching "This Old House" on PBS.  They would spend an entire season fixing up an old house and often the owners were trying to restore the house to its original condition.  It is cool to see an old Victorian home restored to the state it was originally created to be.  This makes me think of our own spiritual lives - our walk with God.  Yesterday, I looked a little at Psalm 51:10 where the author prayed that God would renew a stable spirit in himself that is established in God.  Today I want to skip a few verses and look at Psalm 51:12 (NLT):  "Restore to me the joy of your salvation, and make me willing to obey you."  What a wonderful prayer!  The author prayed for God to restore the joy of his salvation.  Once again, this gives me a picture of God taking our hearts and bringing them back to the original condition when we first learned of our salvation through Jesus.  Isn't that a beautiful thought?

For the next few weeks, I want to spend time looking at what the Bible tells us of God's ability to renew and restore our lives.  We can see what we can pray over into our lives.

What do you want to see God renew and restore in your heart?

This post is linked with Faith Filled Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! I love hearing your feedback.