Monday, February 24, 2014

"I Will Be Found By You"

Have you ever been in a season of life that just seems dry?  Maybe you're tired out and drained by all the activity going on in your life.  Maybe it has been a painful time that has overwhelmed you and it is difficult to see anything beyond the hurt.  There are so many reasons why we can feel dry and deserted; however, when we follow God we can always have the assurance that we are never alone.  Even if we feel alone, we are not alone.  As my church has started a journey on prayer, my pastor preached a sermon about seeking God.  It struck me how just the topic of seeking God could probably be a sermon series in and of itself.  What a blessing it was this morning seeing what the verse of the day was on Biblegateway.com!  I realized that God was just preparing my heart on what He wanted me to spend some time.  So, with that said, I am happy to start a new journey on "Seeking God."  Please click on the link and read what God has to say about seeking Him in Jeremiah 29:11-14.

One thing I want to make sure I point out is that this is specifically a promise that God was giving to the Israeli exiles in ancient Babylon.  God promised to bring them back home and promised to prosper them.  There are many promises that are given to all believers in the Bible, but some promises were given to a specific person or group of people.  However, something that I have learned is that even though there are promises that are not specifically spoken over us in the Bible, we can certainly pray them over our lives.  The promise of finding God when we seek Him is something I believe we can pray over our lives.

Often when we find ourselves in a dry period, we also struggle seeing God working in our lives.  That doesn't mean He isn't working, it just means we struggle to see Him.  I have noticed that when I am experiencing something overwhelming or even something new, I can forget to look for Him.  But there are some things that God says in these verses that I find so encouraging!  He tells us that if we seek Him with all our heart, we will find Him.  In fact, both the NIV and NLT word the beginning of Jeremiah 29:14 the same, "I will be found by you."  Isn't that encouraging!?  Don't you also find it interesting that God doesn't say that He will find us...we will find Him.  He always knows where we are, but He wants us to seek Him.  I hope you join me over the next few weeks as we explore how we can seek God in our lives.

Are you feeling dry or lost?  Are you ready to pray the promise of finding God into your life?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! I love hearing your feedback.