Monday, February 10, 2014

What's the Point?

Throughout the month of January, I focused on different ways that God renews our hearts and restores us to Him.  This week, I want to finish this focus by looking some possible reasons why God doesn't just bring us to Him but changes us completely.  Something I have learned in my walk with God is that He always has a purpose.  We may not recognize the purpose and things can happen that seem to make absolutely no sense, but God has an overall purpose and He will make all things work toward His purpose.  The thing that has me thinking this morning is love.  There are many places in the New Testament where we see God's desire is that all people would turn to Him, but we also see that He wants us to be a part of that.  But in order for us to be a part of that, we need to have love for other people.  Please use the link and read 1 Corinthians 13:1-3.

God loves all of us - He created us and loves us dearly.  He wants to see all of us to come into His kingdom, which is why Jesus died in our place.  So, when you think of how great His love is for us (so great that we cannot even comprehend how great His love is), what does it mean to you as His follower?  He renews us and restores us so that we will be like Him; this includes His love.  I will be the first to admit that without Him working in my heart it is impossible for me to love others.  But, when I begin to look at the people around me as someone God loves with the same passion He loves me, my attitude changes.  The Holy Spirit shows me where He wants to take over my self-centered nature and love others - even the person that seems to constantly rub me the wrong way.  This helps change what motivates me.  When we love others, people will be drawn in to God's kingdom.  We are called to bring others into God's kingdom, what better way than to reflect the love that God has for them?

Are you allowing God's love to change your heart?

This post is linked with Sharing His Beauty.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! I love hearing your feedback.