Monday, May 5, 2014

Faith Expressed Through Love

After taking several weeks off, I am so happy to say that I am back!  When I decided to take a break, I had been suffering from daily migraines and finally decided that I needed to stop since I was moving so slow in the mornings.  The daily migraines are gone and seem to be under control.  This was the first major break I have taken in five years of writing this blog.  I can honestly say that it is only by God's power that I have written a blog for that long.  When I started this blog, it was with the intention to write for a short period of time.  God had very different plans for me!

I am going to ease back into things this week by sharing some verses that God has used to speak to me over this break.  Yesterday, I read Galatians 5:6 and as I looked it up in context this morning, I wanted to share Galatians 5:5-6 (NIV):  "For through the Spirit we eagerly await by faith the righteousness for which we hope. For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision nor uncircumcision has any value. The only thing that counts is faith expressing itself through love."  We are saved by Christ through faith in Him.  He showed us the greatest act of love this world will ever know by sacrificing Himself when He had no fault.  So, it is no surprise then that we see that we are told in Galatians 5:6 that the only thing that counts is faith expressing itself through love.  God wants us to show our faith in Him by loving others.

I was challenged to consider who is in my life right now that is difficult to love.  Then I was reminded how the ability to love has been given to us through the Holy Spirit.  We can love even those who make it hard for us to love through the enabling of the Holy Spirit.

Is your faith being expressed through love?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! I love hearing your feedback.