Monday, May 12, 2014

More Than Conquerors

I don't know about you, but it is often difficult for me to think of things with the perspective of eternity.  I am bombarded all day with things that seem urgent or of great importance.  It can be hard to see past all those influences with the idea that what I am experiencing in the moment is really just that - it is for a moment.  With the perspective of eternity, I would remember what is more important.  I think there are decisions that I would have made differently if I would have had the perspective of eternity at the forefront of my mind.  To see what I mean, please use the link and read Romans 8:31-39.

These verses are very powerful!  They remind us that there is nothing that will ever separate us from God's love.  No matter what we face, no matter what the world calls us; we can have the assurance that we are who God says we are.  When we believe and follow Jesus, we are adopted into God's family as His children.  As a result, we are reminded that nothing can change who we are in Christ.  We are God loved children, so that can empower us to make decisions that will please God.

Here is what I mean:  if we remember that our position as God's children is more important than what we are facing here on earth, it will drastically change what we do.  If we remember that we dearly loved by God, He will not let whatever we face to destroy who we are in Him.  So, we do not need to be afraid of talking to our neighbors about the great hope we have in Christ because their response will not change who we are in Christ.  And when we focus on who we are in Christ and His great love for us, we will want others to have that as well.  We may face persecution or suffering, we may even face physical death; that will not change who we are in Christ.  We are told we are more than conquerors because God is the One who justifies us and the enemy cannot change that.  Do you see how that perspective changes how we can respond to the influences around us?

Do you believe that you are who God says you are?  Do you believe that God loves you dearly?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! I love hearing your feedback.