Friday, July 18, 2014

How Live a Thankful Life

I was lectured by my oldest kiddo the other day because he asked if I ever explained to my readers why I haven't been blogging.  He pointed out that I had a lot of readers who were probably wondering why they were not getting a daily email or feed from my blog.  There is nothing wrong with your feed!  The reality is that I have been in the middle of a struggle with headaches and migraines, which I have always dealt with; however, they have increased in duration, intensity, and frequency.  Needless to say, they have been sapping my strength and making it difficult for me to sleep well and get up early enough to write.  The good news is that I am getting treatment and trying new things and the headaches are slowly getting better.  I am going to try to write at the very least once a week if not more from this point and hopefully as I get better, I will get back on my regular schedule.

Even with all the headaches and migraines, God has been so faithful and so good and has even poured gifts on my family.  It is truly a wonderful life to have God who is always there and provides whatever we need!  He even provides what we don't realize we need!  We all have so much from God and have a lot for which to thank Him.  Over the last few years, the internet has exploded with bloggers listing why they are thankful to God due to Ann Voskamp's book, "One Thousand Gifts."  It is incredible to see so many people lifting up praise to God for both big and small ways He is working in their lives.

This morning, as I was reading the verse of the day by Biblegateway.com, I was reminded of another way we can live a life of thankfulness.  Please use the link and ready Psalm 119:1-8.  When we share with others why we are thankful, we are lifting up other believers and even sharing God's goodness with those who do not know Him.  It is good for us to share what He is doing; however, there is more than just words that can lift up our thankfulness to Him.  Psalm 119:7 says, "As I learn your righteous regulations, I will thank you by living as I should!"  Our life should be driven by a thankful heart that shows it in how we live.  We obey God not out of fear, but out of a thankfulness for His unending love; His love that is so overwhelming that we have a hope of eternal life with Him.  Our obedience shows Him our thankfulness.  We obviously cannot repay Him for all He has given and all He has done; however, we can live a life that honors Him.

How does your life show how thankful you are for what God has done?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! I love hearing your feedback.