Friday, July 3, 2015

Productive Citizens

As I sit at my computer and stare at the screen, I am grateful to be back to this website and type out my thoughts.  The last 12 months have been difficult for me as I have been suffering with chronic migraines.  It got so bad that I was experiencing migraines 50% of the time (some months even more).  While I attempted to keep life as normal as possible, there have been some things that I just couldn't do.  Getting up early enough to write my daily post was one of those activities that I have had to put aside.  With that said, it is absolutely amazing that I am sitting here writing a post!  Some of you know what I have been going through and have been praying for me and I cannot even begin to express how thankful I am for that!  I know that you may feel that as you saw me to continue to get worse that your prayers were not being answered; however, nothing could be further from the truth.  Your prayers are the reason I could continue to function; your prayers are what gives me strength.

I have shown improvement over the last month; however, I still have a way to go.  I want to start writing again, but I cannot promise that I can be regular.  I am going to try writing once a week and see how things go.  So, please use this link and read through Proverbs 14:22-35.

Proverbs a great book of godly wisdom.  In Proverbs we understand how to live and honor God.  In these verses we get a glimpse into God's heart.  We see that there is a way to live as individuals that reflects His heart, but as a collective body of Christ we are able to shine His light.  These verses also give us wisdom on how to live as citizens of a nation.  Throughout this chapter, we are not told anything about the laws of the country and whether or not we agree with them.  Instead, I see that we are told how to live as productive citizens.  We are told to work hard, gain wisdom, have a respectful fear towards God, gain understanding, control our anger, live in peace, and care for the poor.  I think any country would benefit from citizens using the wisdom in Proverbs 14.  I know these verses are challenging me this morning as I examine my own life - am I reflecting the wisdom in these verses?

How do these verses challenge you today?  How can you live as a productive citizen?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! I love hearing your feedback.