Friday, June 10, 2016

For Its Time

When my family originally moved to this area, a group of ladies at our new church kindly invited me to be a part of their weekly meetings.  I soon felt connected into the church because of them and the friendships I made with them.  Even though my work schedule no longer allows me to be a part of their weekly group meetings, they continue to invite me to their annual outing to a local farm that hosts fancy girly luncheons.  It is always a special treat to take the day off work to go and catch up with them and have and a delicious lunch made with ingredients often grown right on their farm.  Each table is decorated with flowers that are in season that particular week and cut that morning.  I took a picture of the arrangement that was at our table.


Of course, the picture just doesn't do it justice!  You can see that not every part of this bouquet is full of amazing color but everything fits together so nicely.  As we were told about the flowers in the arrangement, we were reminded how each week brings different flowers into season which is why the arrangements look different from week to week.  Each flower has their own moment to bloom and look amazing and that is when they cut them for the arrangements.  My CSA is the same way.  Each week, is different with what fruit and vegetables are available to pick up and we have such a wonderful variety throughout the growing season!  Some parts of the season have lesser variety than others because that is the way it is when growing produce.

The Bible uses the idea of seasons to help us understand what God is doing in us as well.  Ecclesiastes 3:1,11 (NLT) says,
"For everything there is a season, a time for every activity under heaven...Yet God has made everything beautiful for its own time. He has planted eternity in the human heart, but even so, people cannot see the whole scope of God’s work from beginning to end."
Our human eyes cannot see the whole bouquet God is putting together, but every season has beauty in God's hands.  In the scope of eternity, even the things that just don't seem to fit right now will fit later when we give it over to God.  Here is what I know: I cannot always trust my vision because it is so limited by my humanness and pain, but I can trust God's eternal vision.  What I know from His working in my past is that He can take things that make no sense whatsoever and turn them into the most magnificent beauty.

Can you trust that in His time He can take whatever season you are in and make it into something He can use?

This post is linked with Grace and Truth, Fresh Market Friday, Faith Filled Friday, and Faith n Friends.

6 comments:

  1. Enjoying each season. That's a beautiful lesson that I need to hear year-round! It's so easy to get caught up in thinking that this moment will always be exactly this way, but change is inevitable. God is the one constant and He is good! Love those flowers and that you still eat out with your friends even though you no longer can attend the weekly meetings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't a blessing to remember that no matter what is changing around us, that God is the one constant we can depend on? Thank you for visiting!

      Delete
  2. This is important encouragement for us! If we're not careful, we can find ourselves tempted to "wish away" each season as we're anxiously looking forward to the next one - or perhaps wistfully looking back to seasons past. I'm glad you shared this with us at Grace & Truth.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is so true! I remember when my children were babies I was always looking forward to the next "phase." I realized that I needed to enjoy them in the phase they were in instead of looking forward to the next one. It is the same thing with all of life, isn't it?

      Delete
  3. Sharon, what wonderful insight! This message seems to be something God is impressing upon me lately, especially when I feel as though I'm spinning my wheels. It's a comfort to know He is using everything as part of our beautiful testimony...in its time. Thanks for sharing on Fresh Market Friday! I'm so glad to have you, and I look forward to more great insights:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your encouragement. :) I know this is something God is impressing on my heart.

      Delete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! I love hearing your feedback.